Rhododendrons, Wisteria, Oleander and ficus are just a few attractive but deadliest plants whose effect may astound you. Even this list does not get close to what specialists say are the most serious issues with deadliest plants.
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the most common problems with poisonous plants arise from contact with the sap oil of several ever-present native plants that cause an allergic skin reaction—poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.
Read on the Top 10 Most common poisonous plants to humans:
Wisterias come with sentimental falls of sweetpea-like blossoms that fall in rich blue, pink or white masses from woody vines in the South and Southwest. Also known as the kidney bean tree, the whole plant is poisonous. However, some people say that the flowers are safe. Either way, it is better to be safe than sorry. Reports have indicated that if ingested, this plant can cause nausea, vomiting, cramps and diarrhea only treatable by intravenous hydration and anti-nausea pills.
Foxglove is an enchanted looking plant that can grow as high as 3 feet tall with hanging purple, pink or white blossoms, at times spotted in the inside, along a focal stalk. Its Latin name is Digitalis Purpurea. Its leaves have healing elements used in Digitalis, a drug for heart complications. Therefore, the leaves have a commercial importance. Feeding on this plant may lead to a spell of nausea, vomiting, cramps, diarrhea and pain in the mouth and eventually a heart complication.
Methods used to regulate its effect by doctors include use of charcoal to absorb the toxins and pumping of the stomach as well as use of drugs to regulate heart beat. Different names for this plant include throatwort, fairy bells, witches’ thimbles and rabbit flower.
This poufy-bloomed hedge (Hydrangea macrophylla) is a prominent yard beautifier that can grow as high as 15 feet tall with rose, dark blue or greenish-white blossoms that develop in colossal groups and look as consumable as cotton candy. However, consuming it could lead to a stomach-ache that can last up to several hours. Victims may also experience itchy skin, vomiting, weakness and sweating profusely.
Some reported cases talk of patients who have suffered a coma, convulsions as well as blood circulation complications. Fortunately, an antidote for this poison is available. Doctors my prescribe drugs that reduce the symptoms as well.
7 Lily of the valley
These nice looking plants, otherwise called mayflowers, are very toxic, from the tips of their small bell-shaped white blooms that demurely tumble off like loose hair to the very water in which they may be placed. A small bite of this deadliest plant (Convallaria majalis) has little to no effect.
However, if consumed in large quantities, one may experience experience nausea, vomiting, pain in the mouth, abdominal pain, diarrhea and cramps. Heart rate may slow down as well. A doctor may recommend pumping of blood or feeding on absorbing charcoal as well as drugs to normalize heart rate.
The leaves and stems of these queer looking plants, with dull green, heart-shaped rough leaves and a red, white or green spike encompassed by a red, pink or white “spathe,” are dangerous. Also called flamingo flowers or ponytail plants, eating tropical Anthuriums could give you an agonizing smoldering sensation in the mouth that then swells with blisters. Voice may become hoarse and some people may find it difficult to swallow. Though the effect fades away eventually, cool fluids, pain killer pills and gluey herbs and nourishment like licorice or flax-seeds may ease the symptoms.
Otherwise called mums, orange and yellow assortments of these conspicuous blossoms regularly turn up in foil-wrapped pots on people’s door fronts around Halloween and Thanksgiving. There are 100 to 200 types of Chrysanthemums.
Though they grow low to the ground, they sometimes develop into bushes. Farmers make use of mums to keep rabbits away. Though not very toxic, these plants may cause some damage to the health of those who ingest it. Touching them may cause itchiness and swelling. A doctor will prescribe something for allergic reactions or inflammation.
The whole of the Oleander plant is dangerous, unlike some plants where it is only the flowers and sap. Indeed, even unintentional inhalation of the smoke from burning Oleander can be problematic. Other dangers originate from utilizing the sticks for weenie or marshmallow roasts or savoring water in which the groups of red, pink or white blossoms had been placed.
These evergreen bushes are as common as tub plants or in gardens in the Southwest and California as well regions near Mediterranean climate. Its side effects include changes in heart rate, either increase or decrease and high potassium levels. A specialist may recommend a medication to normalize the pulse or attempt to instigate vomiting with ipecac, pump your stomach or retain the poison with ingested charcoal.
All Ficus (Benjamin tree or weeping fig) have milky sap in their leaves and stems that is poisonous. There are around 800 types of ficus trees, bushes and vines (Ficus auriculata is appeared), a considerable lot of which grow indoors in pots and tubs and outside in warm regions where some species can grow as high as 75 feet tall. Coming in contact with them may cause itching of the skin as well as swelling which can be controlled by anti-inflammatory drugs.
Rhododendrons and azalea brambles (an assortment of rhododendron), with their bell-like blossoms, look awesome in the yard in spring, yet the leaves are poisonous as is the nectar in the flowers. Ingesting these evergreen bushes may make your mouth smolder, and after that you might experience excessive salivation, vomiting, diarrhea and a shivering sensation.
Afterwards, patients may experience headaches, weakness, blurred vision and slower heart rate. A coma and fatal convulsions are the biggest end results if not treated properly. Prior to that, specialists will attempt to supplant your liquids and help you breath effortlessly and prescribe drugs that will normalize heart beat.
The charming yellow and white harbingers of spring, also known as daffodils or jonquils, are somehow deadliest if the knobs are eaten in vast amounts (Narcissus pseudonarcissus is shown). A few people mistake them for onions. Victims experience nausea, vomiting, cramps and diarrhea. Doctors have the options of prescribing intravenous hydration or medications to ease the symptoms in cases where they are severe.